Welcome to Lawrence Township, Tioga County PA
Township Office:   1038 Buckwheat Hollow Rd,  Lawrenceville, PA 16929
Office Hours:  Monday, Wednesday & Friday - 9:00 am-5:00 pm

Secretary:  Susan Williams

Telephone:       (570) 827-2254           Fax:   (570) 827-0210

Roadmaster/Garage: (570) 827-2784            


Board of Supervisors:     
Michael Fritz (Chairman) 
James Farr     
William Meachem (Vice-Chairman)

Roadmasters: Daniel Swan & Lynn Kilmer (570) 827-2784

Tax Collector:Richard Foster (570) 827-2855 

Building Inspector: Erb Building Inspections (570) 827-3474

Sewer Enforcement Officer: Terry Meyer (814) 258-0301 

Lawrence Township Municipal Authority:(570) 827-0970

All township roads have a 10 ton weight limit.  Permits are required and are available at the township office.  All construction requires Zoning Permits.  Permits are available at the township office.  Are you removing a building or structure from your property?  In order to have the building or structure taken off your taxes you must obtain a Demolition Permit from the Lawrence Township Office. Permits are free.  The county WILL NOT remove any building or structure from your taxes without the Demolition Permit.

The Home Improvement Consumer Protection Act (Act 132 of 2008) becomes effective July 1, 2009.  Contractors who perform home improvements for which the total cash value is $5,000 or more per year are required to register with the Office of Attorney General by July 1, 2009.  What is the Home Improvement Consumer Protection Act?  The law affords protections for consumers who hire contractors to perform home improvements on their residential properties.  The law requires written contracts between the contractor and consumer when the total cash price of all work agreed upon exceeds $500.  The law provides criminal penalties for home improvement fraud and civil penalties for violations of the act.  The law is effective July 1, 2009.  Contractors who perform home improvements in Pennsylvania for which the total cash value of the contractor's home improvements is $5,000 or more per year.  Contractors must register with the Office of Attorney General and pay a non-refundable application fee of $50 renewable every two years.  How Can I register as a home improvement contractor?Contractors are required to be registered by July 1, 2009.The Home Improvement Contractor Application is available on the Attorney General website www.attorneygeneral.gov Contractors are encouraged to register online for faster processing of the application.  Paper applications will be accepted and should be mailed to:Office of Attorney General, 15th Floor, Strawberry Square, Harrisburg, PA 17120  ATTN: Home Improvement Contractors Registration.  What should I expect after I register?Upon submission of a completed application that has been approved by the Office of Attorney General, a contractor will receive a certificate and wallet card with a registration number. A contractor shall include his/her registration number in all advertisements, contracts, estimates and proposals with consumers in the Commonwealth.Consumers will be encouraged to contact the Bureau of Consumer Protection by visiting www.attorneygeneral.gov or by calling a toll free phone number to check the status of the registration of a contractor.Where can I obtain further information about the law and registration?  Along with the application for registration and instructions, the Home Improvement Consumer Protection Act and a list of Frequently Asked Questions can be viewed on the website www.attorneygeneral.gov.  The information will also be made available upon written request or by calling the Bureau of Consumer Protection at 717-772-2425.  In order to comply with the provisions of the law, contractors are encouraged to read the law carefully.  If you are a member of a professional contractors' organization, you may want to contact them for assistance.